- Physiotherapy Manager
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture at the Nanjing International Acupuncture Training Centre, China
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Acupuncture (TCM)
- Member APA
- Member of the Acupuncture and Dry Needling group for Physiotherapists
Rakesh comes to us from Auckland, New Zealand. He graduated from the University of Otago in 2001 and has since worked in various private practices throughout New Zealand.
Rakesh held a brief position in Melbourne in 2004, before returning to New Zealand to complete postgraduate study in acupuncture (traditional Chinese). In 2008, he furthered his acupuncture study, by completing a certificate in clinical acupuncture at the Nanjing International Acupuncture Training Centre in China. He has recently completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Acupuncture. The balance of Eastern and Western medicine enables Rakesh to provide a holistic approach in the management of any individual.
Rakesh is also a very keen sportsman with a great interest in a variety of sports. Highlights have included playing semi-professional hockey in Belgium and playing state level hockey in the NZ National Hockey League since 2002. He currently plays at MCC.
Rakesh’s professional interests include:
- Myofascial Pain Syndromes
- Cervical (Neck) Conditions
- Sports and Spinal rehabilitation
- Traditional Chinese Acupuncture