- Physiotherapy Manager
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture at the Nanjing International Acupuncture Training Centre, China
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Sciences in Acupuncture (TCM)
- Member APA
- Member of the Acupuncture and Dry Needling group for Physiotherapists
Rakesh joined SMP in 2012 and comes to us from Auckland, New Zealand. He graduated from the University of Otago in 2001 and has worked in various private practices throughout New Zealand.
Rakesh held a brief position in Melbourne in 2004 before returning to New Zealand to complete his postgraduate study in acupuncture (traditional Chinese). In 2008, he furthered his acupuncture study, by completing a Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture, at the Nanjing International Acupuncture Training Centre in China. Rakesh then went on to complete a Postgraduate Diploma in Acupuncture in 2012. The complementary balance of Eastern and Western medicine enables Rakesh to provide a more holistic approach in the treatment and management of his clients.
Rakesh is a very keen sportsman with a great interest in hockey. Highlights have included playing semi-professional hockey in Belgium and playing state level hockey in the NZ National Hockey League. Rakesh also enjoys DIY handyman work as well as embracing the Melbourne food and coffee culture!
Rakesh’s professional interests include:
- Myofascial Pain Syndromes
- Postural dysfunction
- Complex/Chronic Conditions
- Sports and Spinal rehabilitation
- Dry needling/Traditional Chinese Acupuncture