- Doctorate of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Exercise Science
- Master of Sports Medicine (currently studying)
- Clinical Pilates Instructor
- AWF Olympic Weightlifting Coach
- Level 1 Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Memb. Australian Physiotherapy Association
Phil completed a Doctorate of Physiotherapy at The University of Melbourne in 2014 and a Bachelor of Exercise Science from the University of Wollongong in 2011. Since graduating, Phil has utilised both of his degrees in a private practice setting. He has worked successfully with corporate business staff, promoting Health and Wellness, as well as working with a variety of sporting clubs including netball and Australian football at both club and TAC cup level. To continue his interest in sports injury management he is currently studying a Master of Sports Medicine at University of Melbourne. Phil has also been fortunate enough to work in New York where he was able to provide physiotherapy services as part of his degree at the University of Melbourne.
Phil is a qualified Level 1 Strength and Conditioning and Weightlifting/Sports Power Coach. This has allowed him to maximise athletic performance whilst preventing injury during the rehabilitation process. In addition to this Phil is a competent practitioner in acupuncture/dry needling and clinical Pilates.
Aside from Phil’s special interest in sporting injuries, he enjoys looking after the everyday patient who suffers from a multitude of factors such as degeneration, general fitness and poor ergonomics.
Outside of work, Phil enjoys strength training at the gym, marathon running, playing cricket and hockey. Since joining the team, Phil is looking forward to providing physiotherapy and injury prevention services to local sporting clubs in the South Melbourne area. Phil has a passion for AFL where he is often described as a tragic Dees supporter!
Phil’s professional interests include:
- Strength and conditioning
- Gait/Running Analysis
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Pelvic girdle and hip injuries
- Hand and wrist injuries
- Sports injury management
- Post-operative Rehabilitation following orthopaedic surgery
- Clinical Pilates and functional training
- Tendon pathology, pain and management