- Clinical co-ordinator
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Memb. Australian Physiotherapy Association (Sports)
- Clinical Pilates instructor
Graduating as a physiotherapist from Monash University in 2011, Brodie has worked across many different sectors including private practice, hospitals, rehabilitation and sporting environments. He has extensive orthopaedic experience in Melbourne’s public and private hospitals and is proficient in managing a range of post-operative clients.
Brodie maintains a keen interest in sports physiotherapy, having worked previously with Melbourne University Blues FC (VAFA), Powerhouse Rugby Union FC (Dewar Shield), Northcote City FC (NPL), and as a volunteer physiotherapist at the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. This has led to a particular interest in prevention and management of soft tissue and lower limb injuries.
Brodie is an active member in the Australian Physiotherapy Association having completed APA Level 2 certificates in both Spinal Physiotherapy and Sports Physiotherapy. He has completed further training in running-related injuries and rehabilitation, providing Running Biomechanical Assessments here at SMP, and is also a registered GLA:D practitioner, trained to deliver best-practice physiotherapy management for hip and knee osteoarthritis.
Whether it be the competitive athlete or weekend warrior, Brodie is passionate about exercise, education and working with his clients to achieve their full potential.
Brodie’s professional interests include:
- Sporting injury management throughout the season
- Hip and groin injuries
- Tendon pathology, pain and management
- Rehabilitation following orthopaedic surgery
- Clinical Pilates and functional rehabilitation
- Running biomechanical assessment and rehabilitation
- Hip and knee osteoarthritis management