‘Keep moving’ at SMPC through our Clinical Pilates program. See our Session timetable.
Clinical Pilates has evolved from traditional Pilates, with the input of physiotherapists and evidence-based research, in to a rehabilitation tool for injury management, injury prevention and performance enhancement. SMPC offers a blended program which combines traditional Pilates, physiotherapy exercises and targeted functional training.
Key components of our program include;
- All classes are run by experienced physiotherapists
- Individualised or small group classes (maximum three clients per class)
- Suitable for all fitness levels, abilities and ages
- Modern and bright first floor studio with well-maintained equipment
- Morning, mid-morning, lunch and evening classes available
Clinical Pilates has been shown to assist in;
- Improving strength, flexibility and coordination
- Injury prevention and sports performance
- Early and late-stage injury rehabilitation
- Lower back, pelvic and hip pain/dysfunction
- Pain management
- Falls prevention
- Improving bone strength
- Breathing control
- Pre and post-natal conditioning
Find out more about the benefits of clinical pilates.
Please contact the clinic to discuss how this program may be able to benefit you, and tailor a plan to suit your needs.
Join our Clinical Pilates today and enjoy tailored sessions just for you!
- What is the difference between clinical Pilates and Pilates at a fitness facility?
- A clinical pilates program involves individually tailored exercises which are based on a thorough assessment of your mobility, strength and movement patterns. This ensures they are safe, appropriate for your level of fitness and beneficial in helping you meet your performance and rehabilitation goals. As corrections are often quite subtle, close supervision is needed to perform an effective program.