Do you spend most of your day sitting? If you do, this is a great stretch for you! Tightness through the front of the hips can decrease your ability to extend the hip. This can result in lower back, hip, pelvic or hamstring injuries.
- Start in a kneeling lunge position with both knees at 90 degrees.
- ‘Tuck your tail’ pushing the bottom forward.
- You should feel this through the lower abdomen, thigh or front of the hip on the back leg.
- Make sure you’re not leaning back, stay tall.
- For greatest benefit, perform this multiple times a day, holding for 30-45 seconds each side.